2012年7月14日 星期六

“My First Encounter with African Culture - Music and Dance"


“My First Encounter with African Culture - Music and Dance"

Hi, this is my first time use blog and I still have to learn more about how to use. After my school exam , I have a chance to learn how to play Africa Drum. Before the activity start , I have search the information about Africa Drum. Africa Drum have another name called “Djembe” , it is a rope-tuned skin-covered drum played with bare hands, the name of the djembe comes from the saying "Anke djé, anke bé" which translates to "everyone gather together in peace" and defines the drum's purpose. The drum is very loud, allowing it to be heard clearly as a solo instrument over a large percussion ensemble. When the workshop start, there were an African teacher teach some rhythm and let us follow him, but I still can not follow the beat L. After practise , I can play the drum fluently. And then the teacher let us to combine some dance into the music and invite some classmates to perform , I really enjoy the classmates ’s talent show haha. I hope we can have more activities to join but sadly we have DSE on next year.

4 則留言:

  1. actually these OLE activity is very good,cos that function can let us learn another knowledge on our life,it's very good to us ha,do you know what am i talking about LOL?

    回覆刪除
  2. I think that this activity is really amusing and entertaining!!!!it makes me learn a lot about African culture and the drum. We all had a great time :)

    回覆刪除
  3. We can join the activity after the exam i think it is a good time for us to relax ~ I enjoy to play with all S5 students very much:)

    回覆刪除
  4. you really did do your preparation haha lol
    this activity is so cool that we can learn a really rare culture - the African.
    i really enjoyed it too!:)

    回覆刪除